Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm baaaack

Okay...so I'm back. Haven't blogged in months...just never got into it...not sure why. But, here I am.
Things have changed DRASTICALLY since I last blogged. I have a new job that I love and is sooooooo less stressful than my last job. I was just tired. I wanted to do something new and I wanted my life back...time to myself & my husband. I felt like I spent all my time during the week working or commuting to work...I lost me. So, this position gives me that back. Technically, it's a work from home position - which was a total surprise in the interview. I was expecting to just cut my commute down & my stress down. At the end of the interview, they informed me that it was a work-from-home job and that meant that I would come into the office once or twice a week but mostly be working at home - occasional travel (like maybe once a month at most). Anyway, it was a tough decision because it was a significant pay cut...but I tried to put value on my time & when I added that up with gas savings, food savings (since I eat almost exclusively at home now), clothing savings (since I don't have to buy work clothes anymore...even when I go into the office, they are casual dresss)...it was just right! So I did it! I gave up a lot...$, continuing up "the ladder", being vested with the state government...but I feel really good about my decision. And they have other perks at this place...they reimburse me mileage for the days that I do go into the office, I get more vacation than at my last job...to name a few.
Anyway, I've been blown away with how much more time I have on my hands. It's amazing! The laundry is always done; dinner is always ready and delicious; I'm eating way healthier; I'm not spending $ on Starbucks every day since I make my pot of coffee at home in the morning; I haven't missed a workout & my workouts have become so much better since I have more time to spend at the gym; I'm seeing my dogs so much more & they love me for it; I'm reading again; Sean & I are seeing each other so much more & I love him more every day!
So, that's my latest scoop!! Good stuff!!
The only thing bugging me presently is that my newest obsession is that I REALLY want a BodyBugg...you may have seen them on the Bigget Loser! I'm a little bit of a junkie for techy stuff like this...and when you couple that with my slight obsession with my health & wanting to stay in great shape, it equals me REALLY wanting one of these. I'm thinking I might just bite the bullet & pay what it costs. They normally cost $299...but 24 Hour Fitness is having a sale right now so it's only $199...of course I want the digital arm display that goes with it and that's another $99...but I might wait on that and add it later, if I feel it's really necessary. I don't know that I'll necessarily need it since I'm at home so much now and so close to my computer...that way I can sync it with the computer program any time of the day and see how I'm doing. We'll see, I guess.
Okay...well, I'm gonna go finish making dinner. I hope to get better about this blogging thing now that I have so much more time on my hands.

No comments: